Pages

Latest Coupons

Sunday, March 11, 2012

DIY: Magnetic Make Up Board

Ok.... I finally made the Magnetic Make-Up board I pinned on Pinterest a very long time ago.  You can read more about it using that link (it also has directions if you want to try making one for yourself).

I purchased the frame at my local Good Will store and boy was it ugly (I only paid $2 for it)!!  LOL!

It took me a while to find the metal for the frame.  I went to our local home improvement store (Lowe's Hardware) and asked to have a piece cut to fit the frame but learned that they will not do "custom cuts" anymore.  They do sell a few variety size already cut in the store but I didn't find any that would fit the frame I had already selected.  I told my husband what I needed and I added it to the "Honey Do List" but he never got around to it.  I'm happy to report that my father-in-law saved the project!! :)  He had access to some metal and had a piece cut that was just the perfect size!!! Yay!

 

I found some nice fabric on sale at Hobby Lobby which coordinated with my bathroom color scheme.  I also purchased some adhesive spray to attach it to the metal. 

 Looks cute, doesn't it? 


My hubby spray-painted the frame white for me (yes, it was already white)!  It was really scuffed up and I wanted to freshen it up so it would match the white paint in my bathroom.

 

After the paint dried, I put the metal in the frame and attached magnets on the back of my makeup compacts.  I attached a magnet to the lower bottom corner so you can see what kind I used.  I tried the roll out magnetic tape but it DID NOT WORK so don't waste your money!  I still need to spray paint my big pill bottles so I will have a holder for my brushes, eyeliner and mascara.....maybe I'll get to that one day this week.......

So, what do you think???  

Oh, I do sell BeautiControl so if your interested, here is my website: www.beautipage.com/candyhogan

Like My Deals? Subscribe to my daily email newsletter or RSS Feed and I will send them directly to you, so that you don’t miss a thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks