Pages

Latest Coupons

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Coupons: Clutter or cash?

You've heard it before: "Coupons are a waste of time! What's the use in saving 40 cents? They're too much of a hassle." I used to think like that until a few years ago. But now I know better. 

Picture this: I was standing at the cash register in the grocery store, getting ready to pay, and I pulled out my envelope of coupons. The lady behind me sighed loudly, obviously annoyed because the wad of coupons I handed the cashier would slow things down. I smiled at the woman and said, "Lots of coupons, but I'm saving money!"
After a few minutes, the coupons were scanned, and to the amazement of the woman behind me, I saved $80! Original total: $100, savings $80 (80 percent) -- and only $20 out of pocket. How did I do it?
The secret to couponing success
A few years back, I wanted to find a way to save money at the grocery store and stockpile necessities like toilet paper, shampoo, etc. I started clipping the coupons in the Sunday paper. Then I moved on to magazines and local fliers that came in the mail. I started out using just an envelope for coupons, but as I got more involved in couponing, my storage system grew into a three-ring binder, complete with plastic baseball-card-holder pages to hold the coupons. This system has worked well for me the past few years. 
Along with coupons from the Sunday paper, be sure to check these online coupon sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks